Tuesday 26 November 2013

Recent Adventures


 I haven't posted in ages! I'm so bad at keeping up with blogging! Anyway, I thought I would do up a post with some recent snaps from two recent weekends away. I took a bunch of film photos both weekends but I am yet to finish the last roll and take them to be developed!

The most recent was a trip to The Blue Mountains. My husband took me there for my 24th birthday with the intention of going antique shopping. That we did! And a LOT of it because the weather was horrible! We were supposed to have a picnic lunch on the Saturday but it ended up being us sitting in the car while it hailed! At least we had delicious gourmet sandwiches, muffins and the free locally made apple cider the nice guy in the cafe gave us! I made the lucky decision to go to Echo Point and check out the Three Sisters the afternoon we arrived. That was the only time it wasn't raining and extremely foggy! We ended up wandering around the paths a bit and I took some self portraits and got Julian to take some of me seeing as I hadn't had any recent ones of myself and I needed some non-wedding portraits of someone to experiment with some awesome new Lightroom presets I got, made by my favourite photographer, Julia Trotti. We also saw a funny sight which was four Nuns...sisters at the Three Sisters! Unfortunately they weren't in a spot where I could get both types of sisters in the one shot but still amusing none the less! Lots of other tourists thought so too, some even asking for a photo with the Nuns! I won't even go into all the antique and vintage things I bought but it was a lot! I am obsessed!

A few weeks earlier, I caught the train up to Coffs Harbour to see Julian as he'd been away for work for ages and I missed him! The only full day we had to explore before I had to go back home, was the Saturday so I decided I wanted to go up to Dorrigo in the mountains and explore the rainforest. Our friend and one of our awesome groomsmen at our wedding, Jesse, lives at Bonville so we stayed at his house and he was very hospitable and it was fun hanging out with him and Julian. We played this weird but fun board game that I can't remember the name of but I won! It was about interpreting images and trying to trick the other players so naturally, I was good at that! And Jesse tried to teach me Blackbird by the Beatles (the song I chose to have when I walked down the isle at our wedding!) on guitar...I can only play the intro haha! So on Saturday, we stopped at Bellingen for a delicious breakfast and a little wander around looking in some vintage shops where I got a cool leather bag and a crochet to amongst other stuff. Then we headed up to Dorrigo, going past the gorgeous river and the place where Jesse proposed to his wife who unfortunately was away on a hens weekend and couldn't join us. At the rainforest, we walked a few kilometers (with me taking too many photo stops on the way, as usual) to a waterfall that you can walk behind which was pretty cool. I'd been to the same rainforest ten years ago but only got probably a hundred metres down the path when I found a leech on my leg and freaked out, running the whole way back and sitting near the gift shop until my family returned! This time there were no leeches as it hadn't rained for a long time so it was quite dry. Even if there was though, I wouldn't have freaked out the way I did at fourteen! Then on the way back, we stopped at a lookout that I also went to when I was fourteen and took some photos of us together. It was really cool getting to go back there. It was one of the most memorable family holidays from when I was young. I must always have been a mountain girl at heart! That night, Julian and I went to a nice Italian restaurant.Not the typical Spaghetti and Pizza kind of one. I has a duck dish and Julian had the most succulent, perfectly cooked steak I've tried in ages! For dessert, I had self saucjing chocolate pudding! THE most delicious pudding I think I have ever had! Julian found it entertaining to watch me eatit and react with lotts of OH MY GOD's and MMMMMMs! Then the next morning I had to get back on the train to go home which sucked but besides that, it was a great weekend!

  Here are some snapshots!

Blue Mountains


 Dorrigo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment