Tuesday 28 May 2013

An Introduction to Marianne Fowler Photography

Hi! My name is Marianne. I am a wedding and portrait photographer from Newcastle, Australia. I recently got married and I am starting fresh with my business; re-naming and soon to be set up new studio. 

I am currently a nanny during the week and do most of my photography on the weekend. I am slowly working on transitioning into full time photography by the time I finish up with the family I am with. Like most young girls finishing high school, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do with my life. I was encouraged to study something that would get me a 'job'. I mean like 9-5 regular kind of job. So I decided to get my Diploma in Children's Services. Although the course, and the four and a half years of experience I have gained, gave me valuable skills I will use for the rest of my life, I just don't have that passion, that craving for more like I do for photography. 


I tend to just let my images speak for themselves, but my natural style of photography has been described as photojournalistic, with a hint of quirky-ness where appropriate. I am mostly inspired by people, relationships, nature and stories. That's why I was naturally drawn to weddings and portraits. There really isn't any other feeling like being able to capture all the tender, joyful and unique moments of a couples wedding day. Recently having the experience of getting married has really given me a deeper understanding of this and how it feels to be on the other side of the camera.   

My husband, Julian, is my assistant and occasional second shooter at weddings. He's a scruffy at times (but uber adorable...I think so anyway hehe), friendly, helpful and down to earth guy. He may not take the most technically perfect shots but he can capture the moments, and that is why I value him as my assistant/second shooter.


 
If you have made it to the end of this, I congratulate and thank you! Writing isn't really my forte. At least I don't think so! If you want to contact me, here are some social media based locations you can do so:

My Facebook Page
My Flickr

My Instagram 

Marianne x

No comments:

Post a Comment